Below is the project description of the works carried out by Z&X Mechanical Installations Ltd.
(A) A complete air conditioning system is installed and consists of:
- One Multipurpose Chiller /Heat Pump producing hot and cold water at the same time. (Located on the hotel roof 5 floors up)
- One Chiller / Heat pump producing either hot or cold water as the seasons require for heating or cooling.(Located on the hotel roof 5 floors up)
- Fan coil units (FCU) to all the rooms supplying heating or cooling (From heat pumps.)
- Fan coil units (FCU) for small public or staff rooms supplying heating or cooling (From heat pumps.)
- Air handling units (AHU) supplying heating or cooling to large open public areas via ducting and grills (from heat pumps)
- PPR (Polypropylene) piping network throughout the hotel supplying hot or cold water to FCU’s, and AHU’s
- Large 200 mm Diameter main line PPR piping network in risers from Main plant room in the basement to and from Heat pumps on the roof. Butt welding method is used for assembling the various components for these pipes. They are assembled on site and then fixed in position
(B) A complete domestic hot water reticulation system is installed and consists of:
- A solar system is installed to provide domestic hot water .The Solar system is using all the available solar energy and at times when it’s not enough supplemented by a multipurpose heat pump on the hotel roof and or two boilers in the plant rooms.
- Multipurpose heat pump supplementing the solar system
- Two Light Oil/ Kerosene Boilers to supplement the solar system and the Multipurpose heat pump as well as provide heating for the various pools in the hotel.
The system consists of 48 number Solar panels , 3 Hot water cylinders , One Multipurpose heat pump (Also used for Air- Conditioning at the same time), Two Boilers, heat exchanges and circulating pumps.
(C) A complete plumbing system is installed consists of:
- A network of PPR piping (Hot, Cold, Drinking and Toilets) distributing water throughout the hotel to all rooms and staff and public areas as required.
- Pex C pipe in pipe piping and manifolds for the piping of all the sanitary fittings for both the hot and cold water as well as the drinking water .
- A complete sewage system consists of UPVC plastic piping within concrete slabs and foundations and PPR 12 DB exposed piping within ceilings. for all the sanitary fittings to the first outside manhole.
- A Number of pumping stations throughout the hotel grounds to send sewage to the main municipal pipe lines.
- Installation and Connection of all the sanitary fittings to the plumbing and sewage piping and installation of all the accessories.
- An inverter pressure pump system is installed to provide high water pressure to all the sanitary fittings, saving water as well as energy.
(D) A complete ventilation and fresh air system is installed consists of:
- Ventilation and fresh air ducting with fans.
(E) A complete fire fighting system is installed and consists of:
- A pump set that sends water to all fire hose reels with a Diesel back up in case of power failure.
- A galvanised pipe network to distribute water to all fire hose reels.
- Two dry risers to supply water from external sources for fire fighting